Thursday, May 29, 2014

Today's herb is Lavender

Lavender
Tranquility and purity are in the fragrance of lavender.  Sheets which smell of lavender give one a good nights' sleep.  It's fresh, clean scent is used in bath water.  Lavender also repels insects.  It relieves headaches and generally calming.  Lavender wands wound in ribbon are pretty in a vase and freshen the air. It has antiseptic properties and can be used as incense.  My favorite uses for lavender are in potpourri, sachets, bath tea, herb pillows...Lavender oil is distilled from the oil glands embedded in the tiny star shaped hairs which cover flowers, leaves and stems. 
I grow lavender in my Eco-balanced botanical gardens. The organic lavender I use is always from the present year's crop and the fragrance will last you for years.  I love to hang door sachets so you will enjoy lavender's relaxing scent as you enter the room.  My favorite is Lavender Province because it is highly fragrant yet soothing.  To me, it makes the best lavender wands as well.
 _____________________

These are a few of the styles of sachets I make.  They are also made to order.  I have various other herbs I use for herbal products, as well
Satin lavender sachet


Heart with flowers lavender sachet

Blue and gold lavender sachet with butterfly



Americana door sachet....just in time for the 4th of July season!
Shaby Chic
Shabby Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment